aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1.03.2012

Modern Stitching Sampler



My first project of 2012 is finished! Yay!

I spent a couple of relaxing hours last night just stitching away on a piece of Amy Butler fabric from my stash. {Recognize the pattern from anywhere?} What began as an exercise in practicing my embroidery resulted in this pretty piece! It reminds me of a modern take on the traditional stitching sampler. I think I'll hang it in my office!

The supplies are simple + inexpensive: a wooden embroidery hoop, a scrap of fabric {preferably one with an interesting print}, some colorful floss + a needle. Pretty basic!

Chain-stitched circles in green

Blanket-stitched edging, French knots + straight stitches

Running stitch + back stitch in pink

Overall, the year has gotten off to a gentle start. Today is my first day back at work after nearly two weeks off... so I'll hope that 2012's kindness continues there, too. How has your week been?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Really like this. I love stitching on pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth! This one really got the cogs turning... thinking up other samplers to try. I'm in love with so many of the old-school ones I've found on Google!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin