aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2.08.2011

Handmade + Heartfelt: Vintage Valentines


Don't you just love vintage Valentines? I can't get enough of them! They have such a sweetly innocent and heartwarming quality. I can't help but feel a teensy bit envious of my Dad, who received cards like these when he was a kid. The ones these days just don't compare. (Sorry, Sponge Bob!)

Thanks to valart2008's Flickr set of delightful old-school Valentine's Day cards, folks today can still enjoy their charming illustrations and clever quips. It's truly an amazing collection!


I used a few of the designs for the cards that I made for this year's Weddingbee Valentine's Day swap. (You know how much I love those swaps!) All I did was print them on cardstock, cut them out, and embellish with some of that glitter I have. So simple + sweet!




Other ideas that I've come up with for these include stringing several together on baker's twine for a darling garland or using scaled-down copies on toothpicks for sweet Valentine's Day cupcake decorations.

What are some projects can you think of for these cute cards?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i do love the vintage cards, especially added fun of the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin