aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2.14.2011

Happy Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day, friends! To help spread that lovin' feeling, I'm sharing some of my favorite pins from the So Sweet board that I curate on Pinterest. Aren't they fun?

Kevin and I actually celebrated V-Day a couple of days early this year. On Saturday evening, I whipped up a special dinner from our new favorite cookbook, Everyday Food: Fresh Flavor Fast.

Asian Salmon Patties + Chinese Noodles with Sesame Dressing

While I was busy in the kitchen, Kevin banned me from the back porch so that he could set up his super secret surprise. I had no clue what he was up to, except that he'd spent a few hours earlier in the day running around town picking things up and that power tools came out of the garage at some point.

After dinner (which was delicious -- definitely a recipe we'll be using again!), Kevin asked me to make some hot chocolate while he got everything ready outside for the big reveal. It was chilly and in the low 50's, so I secretly hoped that Kev had bought us a fire pit.

When everything was ready, I walked over to the sliding glass doors and closed my eyes. Kevin pulled back the blinds and let me outside. My heart melted when I realized what he'd been up to. There was a hammock hanging, complete with pillows and blankets for snuggling.


Opposite the hammock a was sheet/movie screen that was suspended from the overhead beams. Projected onto it from his laptop was Serendipity, one of my favorites! (Seriously, how can you go wrong with John Cusack?) There were twinkle lights, too.


The pictures really don't do it justice. Kevin had transformed our sad little turquoise patio into the most magical of places! This is seriously the sweetest surprise I've ever had... and we didn't even have to leave the house. Kev also bought me a lovely polka dot nightgown. He said it's so that I can finally toss the ratty, old chai-stained one that I ruined several months back (but have been too lazy to replace). Boy, does he know me! ;o)

Do you and your Valentine have special plans? Whatever they are, I hope that your day is filled with lots of love. (And a little chocolate, too!)

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a sweet and thoughtful Valentine's Day surprise, looks like you got yourself a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet Valentine's Day. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really sweet, what a great way to celebrate! Your dinner looks delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so romantic and sweet! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that hammock & movie set-up looks amazing! Wish I could do that here in Seattle, I'd freeze to death though!

    Happy Valentines Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet surprise from your hubby! A wonderful and thoughtful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is one of the sweetest valentine's day plans i've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww. So sweet. I just picked up ingredients for a high class wine and cheese dinner. Can't wait to go home and snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! what a sweetheart! i wish we had relatives to shove the kids off to here, so me and my sweetie could snuggle like that! how romantic....i placed the first pic on my personal site! hope you don't mind! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO romantic! Great job by your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, ladies! I hope that you each had a wonderful Valentine's Day with your honey. xo

    I'm really looking forward to breaking in the hammock a little more this weekend with a good book + some lemonade. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please have Kevin call Jeremy and give him a lesson on Valentines Day? That's SO sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin