aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

2.11.2011

Handmade + Heartfelt: Puppy Love


I'm back with another sweet project that you can stitch up for your sweetheart in less than a couple of hours. When I first stumbled upon Jenny B. Harris' blog, Allsorts, and saw her Softie Scotty Dog pattern, I knew that I had to make one. Doesn't he just melt your heart?

All you'll need for this project is some felt, embroidery floss or thread, polyfill stuffing, and some buttons or ribbons to give your little pup some personality. Oh, and don't forget a needle, scissors and a printed copy of the pattern!

This was actually my first softie project. I was a tiny bit intimidated at the start, but there's no reason to be. It's quite easy + helps to pin your pieces together as you sew. I used a blanket stitch to attach the pieces together, but you can also use a simple whip stitch if you'd prefer. {If you want to embroider any decorative elements onto the felt, remember to do that before stitching the pieces together.}

Scarlet + Gray... perfect for my Buckeye-lovin' husband!


Woven cotton ribbon adds a cute touch.


An embroidered initial, because it's all in the details!


Once the pup was stuffed and sewn shut, I added his button eyes, nose and little scarf. If you're thinking of making one of these for a small child, remember to skip the buttons altogether and embroider the features instead. {Little kiddies put everything in their mouth!}

This is a perfect project to make on a night in... maybe while watching your favorite Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie. Sleepless in Seattle? You've Got Mail? I love them all!

Photobucket


More in the Handmade + Heartfelt series:

10 comments:

  1. I love this idea...I think I might need to make one for a friend of mine!

    PS. You've Got Mail is my all time favorite movie. "Bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils"...gets me every time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so so cute! If I had any talent I would try to make an Australian Shepherd one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! the little details like the collar, K, and button eyes just make this puppy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the LOVE! Your squirrels are adorable too. Jealous of your crafting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot get over how freakin' adorable this is! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG so adorable! I LOVE HIM!! :) This looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin