aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

12.11.2010

Handmade Holidays: Candy Cane Mice


This year, we'll be spending the Holidays in California with Kevin's family. I seriously cannot wait! The big event will be Christmas dinner, which my mother-in-law, Dione, is hosting this year. She's bestowed upon me the awesome responsibility of making place cards for the sixteen of us that will be gathering around the table on the 25th. Talk about pressure!

For the past few days, I've been scouring the internet for cute projects that might fit the bill. I came across this adorable project for Candy Cane Mice on Martha's site and just had to give it a shot. I got a bit ambitious with the embroidery details on the little minty-tailed fella. (There's no way I'd have the time or patience to make fifteen more!)

This little mouse project is just too precious (and too easy) to not share! All you really need is craft felt in a couple of complementary colors, a pair of scissors, glue (or needle + thread), and a wrapped candy cane. You can always add beads, ric-rac or other fun stuff to spruce them up!

I'm still not sure what direction to go with our place cards. What do you think? Should I stick with the mice, but keep them simple? Try something all together different? If you've come across any cute + time-friendly projects that could work, I'd love to check them out! Just leave a link in the comment section below. :o)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh they came out SO cute! I'd stuck with these but make them less elaborate. They really are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mice, they are too cute and it makes me think of the book "Twas the night before Christmas", not a creature was sturring, not even a mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. too cute! i love this for the holidays. they'd look great as your placecards.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin