After our massive day of STP'ing and sanding away, we were eager to grab a bunch of rollers and some brushes and get to painting! First, though, we had to do a little patching and some more sanding. With wood filler, we patched up any of the holes that we wouldn't be using with the new hardware. When those all dried, they were sanded smooth.
Finally, it was time for the fun part! Using Insl-x Cabinet Coat enamel, we painted all of the pieces using a high-density foam roller and back-brushing to smooth out the texture.
Please note: While Kevin's the only one painting in these photos, don't think I didn't help. I really did! :o)
The first of many (OK, three) coats
Drying over night before painting the other side...
Sanding the cabinet boxes meant moving the paint works to our bedroom.
Slowly making progress, I think...
To be honest, the painting took a bit longer than we anticipated: exactly one month. The good thing is, we only had to live there with the kitchen like this for a couple of weeks. Next time, I'll reveal the end result. It looks sooo much better... you'll see!
In case you missed it, here's Part 1.