aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

11.05.2009

Getting greener with Blue Avocado

[source: blue avocado]


I'm not sure how it happens, but every time we return from our weekly grocery shopping trips there are inevitably at least two or three plastic bags that follow us home from the store. This is in spite of the fact that we bring three big reusable bags with us, which seem to accommodate all of the necessities we stash in them as we walk up and down the aisles just fine. As silly as it sounds, it kind of irritates me. If we can make it all fit nicely, why can't the bagger?

Needless to say, I was pretty excited when today's HauteLook sales announcement arrived by e-mail. Blue Avocado is one of the featured brands. While I'd never heard of them before, it appeared as though they might have the solution to my problem: kits of sturdy, machine-washable, reusable bags for all kinds of purchases (even cold, hefty stuff like milk and ice cream!) in some of the prettiest solids and patterns around (which is always a plus in my book!).

So, I did what any eco-friendly, budget-conscious girl with an eye for style would do: I bought a set! I chose the seven-piece "Carry All" kit, which is said to replace 11 plastic bags and hold up to 65 lbs. I selected Charcoal, which is chic enough for me yet cool enough for Kevin to use. At $19.75, we saved 40% off the original price, which is extra sweet!

As soon as those babies get here and I give them a test run or two, I'll be sure to let you know what I think!

If you'd like to get in on the Blue Avocado sale, it runs through 10:00pm PST tomorrow. HauteLook membership is by invitation only, though registration is free. You are welcome to join by using my personal invitation link.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin