aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

10.23.2009

Knit 3, Purl 3... repeat, repeat, repeat!


See that? That's the first four inches of my scarf. My very first scarf, I should add! I've wanted to learn to knit for so long. It's just that the whole two-needle thing and the complex patterns (which are all written in some super secret code) have always intimidated me.

Anyway, after finishing Kate Jacobs' The Friday Night Knitting Club last month, I felt motivated to finally learn. (I figure if Darwin Chiu can do it, so can I!) The only thing is, I don't actually know anyone that knits. Thanks to YouTube, that's not a problem!

For the past few nights, I've been taking mini video lessons from the experts at Lion Brand Yarn. I'm finally feeling comfortable with the needles and the yarn and am getting better with controlling the tension of the stitches.

Someday I hope to be able to make something beautiful, like a cable knit sweater. (Sigh.) For now, though, I'll be happy to just finish this simple scarf. At the rate I'm going, it may be March before I get this thing long enough to wrap around my neck! :o)

Is there a craft that you've always wanted to learn, but have been intimidated by?

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love knitting! You are doing a great job, my first project looked like a 5 year old did it! Be careful! You'll get addicted and soon, Lion Brand yarn just won't please you the way it used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best resource I've ever found is
    knittinghelp.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm betting your blog will teach me a thing or two!

    Hi! I'm PJ,host of the Amazon giveaway. You're one of my new followers and I like to meet and greet those I haven't met and gret yet! :) Welcome!

    I'm following along on your blog now too!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin